Monday, December 8, 2008

Toot & Puddle: Wish You Were Here

Author/Illustrator: Holly Hobbie
Year: 2005
Reading Level: 4-8
Series: Toot and Puddle

Plot Summary: Toot goes off to visit Borneo (of course) leaving Puddle with Cousin Opal for company. Toot sends a few postcards about his exotic adventures but winds up coming home soon with the Violet Virus and he turns a rather unhealthy shade of purple. It's up to Puddle and Opal to find a cure for this rare disease--and it happens to be right in their own backyard.

My Rating: A-. I'll admit that I expected more from this book after hearing so much about the series. The artwork is extremely lovely, but the story seemed a little lacking to me. Maybe I'm just picky though... Also there was a random inclusion of the Internet when Opal does research online. It seemed so very out of place in Woodcock Pocket.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So you know that I love Toot and Puddle, but as you read them I want you to know that I really just like looking at the cutest pigs ever painted, and really her art is amazing! But I have to agree that the stories do seem lacking sometimes. I used to compare them to Frog and Toad, but since Lily has found a new appreciation for those I realized that the Frog and Toad stories are much more clever! Tyler asked tonight if I followed your blogs and I said I did but that I dont leave comments-so heres a comment!

Wanderlust Rach said...

Your blog is amazing!! :)) Your words flow so well! You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! It shows in your work! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!! :))

PS- if you follow one of my blogs I will follow yours back! :)))
-Wanderlust Rach <3