Friday, December 5, 2008

Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born

Author: Jamie Lee Curtis
Illustrator: Laura Cornell
Year: 1996
Age Level: 4-8

Plot Summary: Instead of wanting a regular bedtime story, a little girl wants her parents to tell her (again) about the night she was born. The book is a series of "Tell me again..." statements, about their trip to the hospital and seeing her for the first time. At first you don't realize that the daughter was adopted, and really, that fact isn't discussed much at all.

My Rating:A-. This is a nice book. The illustrations are probably the most fun--there are lots of little details in the background that are amusing for kids and their parents. I think the whole topic of adoption was pretty rushed and little bit forced, but I guess the focus wasn't supposed to be on the how's and why's of it.

No comments: