Monday, December 1, 2008

How to Find Flower Fairies

Author/Illustrator: Cicely Mary Barker
Paper Engineer: Richard Ferguson
Year: 2007
Age Level: 4-8

Plot Summary: This is a handy guide to fairies and where to find them. Five different habitats are explained--the wayside, gardens, forest floors, tree tops and marshes--with plenty of tricks and tips to finding fairies. Oh, and did I mention its a pop-up book?

My Rating: A+. This book is so much fun! I know I would have been in complete awe of it as a wee thing. But really, it's so much fun to look at it. Besides the elaborate pop-up on each page, there are little miniature books on each page and plenty of flaps to look under. Also, even though the pop-ups are elaborate and beautiful, they don't seem as delicate as those in a Robert Sabuda book. This may be my favorite pop-up book.

No comments: