Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Adventures of Captain Underpants

Author/Illustrator: Dav Pilkey
Year: 1997
Genre: Comedy
Reading Level: Intermediate
Series: The Captain Underpants series

Plot Summary: George and Harold are best friends and the resident pranksters at their elementary school. George and Harold are also notorious for their comic book series featuring their underwear clad hero, Captain Underpants. When they get into deep trouble with Principal Krupp for their pranks, they have to figure out some way of getting out of it. Their solution involves hypnosis, and the consequences are completely unexpected.

Red Flag/s: Boyish antics and rubber dog poo.

My Rating: A-. I will admit that I don't think I fully appreciated this book because I'm not a boy and I'm not 10. That said, I can definitely see why that audience would love this book. It's funny and silly and fun to read. So, for the audience it's intended for, I think it's very good. Just not so much my genre of choice.

1 comment:

Professor Chaos said...

I will have to give this one a look. I know my young cousin-in-law really likes this series.