Friday, December 5, 2008

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More

Author: Karen Beaumont
Illustrator: David Catrow
Year: 2005
Age Level: 4-8

Plot Summary: A little boy loves to paint...everything. He paints the walls, the ceiling and, of course, himself until his mother catches him and puts all of his paints away and puts him in the tub. After his bath while his mother is out, the boy sneaks out his paints again. He starts with just his arm but he can't resist painting himself all over and soon paint is everywhere.

Red Flags: Another book that might give kids some rather colorful ideas. Also it's written with deliberate bad grammar.

My Rating: B+. I have decided that I don't really like reading books (picture books especially) about kids misbehaving. It's just kind of stressful...I mean come on, his mom has to clean up a huge mess! But whatever, I guess I just missed the point of this book.

No comments: