Monday, December 1, 2008

Snow is my Favorite and my Best

Author/Illustrator: Lauren Child
Year: 2006
Reading Age: 4-8
Series: Charlie and Lola

Plot Summary: Charlie has this little sister Lola...she is small and very funny. (I love that intro) Lola gets extremely excited when they have a snowfall and they spend the day outside reveling in the white stuff. Unfortunately it melts the next day and Lola bemoans the sudden lack of snow, which is her favorite and her best. Luckily Charlie is around to put snow in perspective and show Lola that a variety of weather is best.

My Rating: B+. I love this show so I thought I would love the books. And I did like this book, but I felt a little jipped when I was looking through the front pages and saw that the text and illustrations are from an episode. Still...Charlie and Lola!

No comments: