Wednesday, October 22, 2008

T is for Terrible

Author/Illustrator: Peter McCarty
Year: 2004
Reading Level: Picture book (4-6)

Plot Summary: Tyrannosaurus Rex narrates this book and wonders why he is called "terrible." After all, he says,
he came out of an egg just like other dinosaurs and had a mother, just like other dinosaurs. It's not his fault he grew to be so big and hungry. He can't be a vegetarian and he can't help squashing flowers when he walks.

My Rating: A+. This is surely the cutest dinosaur book I have ever read. It makes me all sad for this cute, puffy-looking, wants-to-be-loved Tyrannosaurus Rex. The illustrations are very nice, and the text is big and easy to read. And even though I love T-Rexes anyway, I have to admit I might love them more if they were pink.

No comments: