Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Author: Ann Brashares
Year: 2001
Reading Level: Young Adult
Genre: Novel
Series: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Plot Summary: Four best friends, Lena, Bridget, Tibby and Carmen, are 15 and facing their first summer apart. The day before they separate they realize a pair of thrift-store jeans magically fit all of them perfectly. They go their separate ways to face their own trials over the summer, some with more success than others. Through it all, however, the Pants are shared and sent from one friend to another until they come together again.

Red Flags: Some mild language and mild sexual situations

Movie Version: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
My Rating: A. Good grief, this book sucked me like a Twilight book (sadly, no brain-breaking Jacobs involved). Maybe I liked it better because I had Gossip Girl to contrast it with, but I really, really liked this book. The girls had real personalities and read like actual people that could exist in real life. The adventures weren't too overblown or overdramatic, and the writing was good! Now, quick, give me the next one!

No comments: