Friday, December 5, 2008

I Will Never Not Eat a Tomato

Author/Illustrator: Lauren Child
Year: 2000
Age Level: 4-8
Series: Charlie and Lola

Plot Summary: Charlie is charge of making Lola's dinner for a night, but he runs into trouble with Lola's picky eating habits. Luckily Charlie knows how to use Lola's imagination to his advantage. He invents clever names for peas and carrots, telling her food comes from underwater markets and different planets. Soon he has Lola eating all the food she swore she didn't like.

My Rating: A. I wanted to read one of the original Charlie and Lola books to compare it with the post-TV show books, just to see if/how they differed. I liked that this one had a more handmade feel to it. It was simpler but still clever. I was a little disappointed that it had used Mom instead of Mum though.

No comments: